“Be quiet,” said Snape coldly. “I did not ask for information. I was merely commenting on Professor Lupin’s lack of organization.”

“He’s the best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher we’ve ever had,” said Dean Thomas boldly, and there was a murmur of agreement from the rest of the class. Snape looked more menacing than ever.

“You are easily satisfied. Lupin is hardly overtaxing you — I would expect first years to be able to deal with Red Caps and Grindylows. Today we shall discuss —”

Harry watched him flick through the textbook, to the very back chapter, which he must know they hadn’t covered.

“— werewolves,” said Snape.

“But, sir,” said Hermione, seemingly unable to restrain herself, “we’re not supposed to do werewolves yet, we’re due to start Hinkypunks —”

“Miss Granger,” said Snape in a voice of deadly calm, “I was under the impression that I am teaching this lesson, not you. And I am telling you all to turn to page 394.” He glanced around again. “All of you! Now!”

With many bitter sidelong looks and some sullen muttering, the class opened their books.

“Which of you can tell me how we distinguish between the werewolf and the true wolf?” said Snape.




As you've probably figured out, this year's Halloween Writing Challenge is werewolf based! We decided that since vampires got thier moment in the sun last year (ha-ha), this year we turn to our furry, warm blooded friends. Now, you don't have to write Snape's essay, however, should you choose to do that, we'd certainly love to read it.

The challenge itelf is to make any canon character a werewolf. They can be out in the open, it can be a secret, someone might be trying to root out the secret, maybe they have a sudden craving for live chickens, or trying to score with the hottie across the street. It's entirely up to you. As always, Ryl & Mal have written the first stories, to show how easy it is! So warm up your fingers, pick a character and make them howl! *Remember to password protect any red-star stories!




Mal
Ch-Ch-Changes


Ryl
The Process of Elimination





Cestmoi
Indigo





Bundysbaby
Once Upon A Time...





Rolyru
An American Werewolf in (the suburbs) of London





There are as many werewolf lores as vampires, so take your pick! Some lores says that werewolves are fully alert and cognizant when in wolf form, other say no. Some can shift at will, some are limited by the full moon. Pick your lore and get to writing! You know you want to!

Simply email Mal with your page link when you're ready!






Mal's Musings    Jix CWC Page    Catfish Princess

Disclaimer: Trixie Belden characters ©Random House, used respectfully, albeit without permission. All graphics created by Mal and may not be used without permission. Original wolf graphic from savetheanimalsweknow.com.